Words to live by....

Love and Compassion are necessities not luxuries. Without them we cannot survive.



Friday, November 19, 2010

The Craft Warehouse Caper

When Anne asked me if I would be interested in working at Craft Warehouse Holiday Open House, I fell over my tongue saying "YES!" The pay was a $40 gift certificate, two certificates for 40% and 25% off single items of choice, and a handful of other coupons. Plus a Chinese food buffet and fancy cupcakes served to all the workers between regular closing hour and the beginning of the Open House bash.

As I meandered around the store to get acquainted with the special sales for the evening, I noticed a few things that surprised me.


I didn't know there were spare Scrabble tiles available. I love Scrabble, so this was nice to know. Of course it was a bit disturbing, reading the label...almost made me want to check the Scrabble dictionary.

These alphabet tiles are useful for all kinds of crafty things. May even substitute for Scrabble tiles, in a pinch.
Another game we enjoy is dominoes. I was very happy to see that a person could get replacement tiles for that game, too. Or use them for jewelry - although they might be a tad heavy for earrings.


Speaking of jewelry - this display is blinding! And this is only part of the offerings. There were also Swavroski crystals on sale, outstandingly beautiful baubles.

I loved browsing the many displays of craft ideas. I brought home the makin's for this cute Christmas tree. I like trees that don't drop needles...

Oh, you want to know what my job was. Well - I swept. For 5 solid hours. And I have the blisters to prove it. Because in the interest of keeping customers happy campers while they waited in lines or wiggled through the store in search of bargins, POPCORN was passed out. Tubs of popcorn. Bags of popcorn. All night long. And you know what happens if you step on popcorn on a concrete floor? Skating rink time. So. Yeah. I was a sweeper.
And I had a blast - I enjoyed every minute of a wild evening!

Not to mention some mighty fine art supply bargins and goodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment