Words to live by....

Love and Compassion are necessities not luxuries. Without them we cannot survive.



Friday, March 26, 2010

Popcorn tree

This one is for MAX...

"I looked out the window,
and what did I see...


Popcorn popping on the apricot tree!

Spring has brought me such a nice surprise,

Popcorn popping, right before my eyes!

I can take an armful and make a treat,
A popcorn ball that smells so sweet...

I know it isn't so,
but it seems to me...

Popcorn's popping on the apricot tree!"

(If you squinch up your eyes, they really do look like popcorn balls... it was almost dark, I grabbed my camera and ran to the neighbors before the storm broke and knocked all the blossoms off - that's my excuse for the fuzzy photo. But like I said - squinch your eyes...)



Yah, I know, it isn't an apricot tree. I do the best I can with these bursts of inspiration.

PS My computer's back on line - again. Hopefully for good this time.



2 comments:

  1. Apricot or flowering plum, who cares?! It's a great 'popcorn' tree! :) Thanks for the glimpse of spring, and good things to come! (I'm totally jealous of your first spring salad, that's awesome!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi stranger! It sounds like life is treating you well out there. I just got the Farm Fresh Atlas for 2010, which is bigger and better than ever. I've been making up my "shopping list" for the season of where I want to go picking and purchasing. I'm also giving some serious thought to the Mishicot Farmer's market this season. If I start now I could have some goodies for sale in two months. Any tips you'd care to share?

    ReplyDelete