Words to live by....

Love and Compassion are necessities not luxuries. Without them we cannot survive.



Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Never-ending Story...

I remember a post in Wisconsin Snapshots that covered our family woodgathering and fireplace history. Nothing has changed. Except we now get to use an electric WOODSPLITTER!!!! Sure beats the 'ol wedge and maul technique. A guy could get real spoiled with this dandy little machine.

Chris has a hair-raising tale of getting this particular load of wood - 'pert near lost his pickup down one of those pesky canyons. He not only cut and hauled it out, he stuck around to split it for us. I think he likes running that gizmo...



I think sap runs in her veins...you can't keep her away from the woodpile and chopping block!

Yeah, yeah. I have to do real work from time to time. They won't let me just hang out in the kitchen where I belong.

By gum, she DOES sit down once in awhile. I had to take a picture to prove it. And I do believe that's a glass of water there - maybe this is a BREAK??!!


It didn't last long, let me assure you.
She's a slave driver.
But we do have a nice cozy fire every morning and evening, so I guess I'd better not complain.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! Wish I was there to help. For some "strange" reason having the opportunity to work is a "joy" in this family :-). It's good that you took a picture of Mom resting (and drinking WATER...lol) or I never would have believed it!

    ReplyDelete