Words to live by....

Love and Compassion are necessities not luxuries. Without them we cannot survive.



Friday, November 4, 2011

Family Time

I got a bonus in October - a bus/train trip to Olympia to spend a couple days with Pat's family! We didn't plan anything but just hanging out. I tagged around in Pat's back pocket while he worked with the horses, and when we were home we played games, baked a pie, and had fun!

Elyse learned to play cribbage pretty early, just like most of the grandpunks have. Good for the math skills. And we're not competitive - no, not MUCH!! She whupped me, and I whupped her. All's fair in war and cribbage!

Elyse loves basketball, and other than babying her sprained ankle she does really well. She had to show me the "triple threat" position, and why it's called that. She goes to school early, for practice. That's dedication!

Another thing many of the grandpunks have inherited is a love of music; most of them play one or two instruments. Elyse played her clarinet for me, she's in her fourth year with it, and sounds very good! Someday, I hope to get back up there to hear her play in one of their concerts. Having music in the home is such a blessing, really invites a sweet spirit.

As guest of honor, I got to bunk in Elyse's room. I loved her cushy new bed, so comfortable! A typical teen girl's room, wallpapered with posters. The quilt was a project that Gram Griffin and I put together for Elyse last year. She loves it!

Here's the utility room, AKA "The Man Cave"! Probably the most popular room in their cozy new home :D The owers have totally sound-proofed this room, which is about 12x12. The washer/dryer lives there, along with the office stuff, and the computers. Pat and Stephen have their gaming stuff all organized, with plans for more to come. This is "bonding" 21st Century...


So fun to just hang out and enjoy each other, sharing stories, memories, interests - and eating pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment