Words to live by....

Love and Compassion are necessities not luxuries. Without them we cannot survive.



Sunday, February 27, 2011

Eagle oops

Each of my grandsons has a "favorite" animal. Lee loves bats. Collin seems drawn to cats. Jayden is a horse boy. Max likes to rescue animals, be they ugly little starling babies or bats who fell from the barn roof, or stray kittens. Than is our Eagle man.

When mom and I "inherited" a huge stash of fabric last year, I found this panel of eagle print, and right away knew it was destined for Than. It took awhile to get around to actually making the quilt. When I decided it would be a great Christmas gift, mom and I got busy, and it turned out pretty nice.

I suctioned the poofy finished quilt into one of those plastic storage bags that goes totally flat, squished it into a box, and off it went to Wisconsin, just in time.

I did some outline quilting, and mom tied the rest of it.
Of course it had to be inspected by a fellow critter..the King approved.

You don't do ANYTHING in this house without feline supervision! She may LOOK like she's sleeping on the job, but just head for the kitchen and see how fast her feet hit the floor.


The oops is my fault. It didn't occur to me until my last phone conversation with Than, that I COULD have waited to give him the eagle quilt.
Because he is working on his Eagle Scout award. Wouldn't that have made a terrific "congratulations" gift?!

1 comment:

  1. The quilt turned out so beautiful. I like the last picture of Mom trying to complete it with the "help" of the cat!

    ReplyDelete