Words to live by....

Love and Compassion are necessities not luxuries. Without them we cannot survive.



Sunday, January 2, 2011

Knitty Kitty

Granddaughter Elyse celebrates her birthday two days after Christmas. Is that double-dipping??

This year we were blessed to have her with us at Greatgramma's house. We helped her turn 13 - lots of joking and teasing, of course. And PRESENTS!!

I decided to make her a Kittyville hat, out of one of my pattern books (Stitch 'n Bitch, by Debbie Stoller; pg.127 photo, pg 165 pattern directions). Elyse has been a "purple" girl most of the time. I checked my stash of yarn and just used what I had on hand. Not enough purple for the whole thing, but it worked out OK!



It's actually easy to make, looks more difficult that it really is. Unless you decide to use black yarn, which is what the pattern calls for. I absolutely refuse to knit with black yarn - one exasperating experience, many hours of squinting, and red-rimmed eyes convinced me that there is no good reason to knit ANYTHING in BLACK.

So take my advice: make it any color you want. It's so cute, the lucky receiver won't even care.


Best of all, Elyse loved it!

(NOTE to perspective mothers: think about how you time the arrival of those babes - birthday shopping on top of Christmas can be a challenge, to say the least...)

1 comment: