Words to live by....

Love and Compassion are necessities not luxuries. Without them we cannot survive.



Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Four-legged Slumber Party

A call from a friend resulted in an overnight guest and playmate for Birdie. At least that was the plan...

Meet Coco. I soon changed her name to "Coco-nut"! She and Birdie are almost the same size. They could wear the same size jammies!

"Here I am, all full of fun! See my sparkly eyes? Yep, fun, that's me!"

Birdie did a good imitation of "I don't seeee you, I'm watching birds out the windooooow...."

"Hey, ya wanna play? Hey. HEY. I'm talkin' to you, girl!"

"OK, sista, ya wanna play, eh? Poke that pointy little nose a little closer..."





"Take THAT, ya little invader!"
"Yikes, there's STICKERS on the end of those fluffy paws! Na, na, missed me, now ya gotta kiss me!"
"Hey. HEY. How come you get to be on the counter? I can climb too, ya know. Hey. HEY. Ah, come on, come play again!


They actually did get to the point of playing, in their own individual dog and kitty fashion. "Chase" and "King of the kennel" were favorites. There was a territorial issue regarding their personal food dishes, but we worked through that.
At one point they had me laughing out loud. Coco-nut had seen Birdie napping on the cushion of mom's rocking chair. As soon as Birdie vacated, Coco quietly moved in, and snoozed for quite a while before all of a sudden Birdie noticed her as she sauntered by. Oh boy. Fizzy fur, flat ears, ugly looks - but no sound. She stalked stiff-legged around the chair a few times, until Coco noticed her. Then Birdie switched tactics. She did "cute kitty", which she performs regularly for us. She rolls onto her back, all feet in the air, fluffy tummy exposed, wiggling coyly.
Sure enough. Coco took the bait. She thought the cat was ready to play again - poor disillusioned pup. As soon as she jumped down to join the fun, the cat jumped UP, onto the cushion. And sat there. Smugly. It was such an obvious CAT ploy!
Coco-nut didn't have a chance.
Well, that's what pajama parties are all about, getting to know your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment