Words to live by....

Love and Compassion are necessities not luxuries. Without them we cannot survive.



Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Caught ya!

When I left for a walk to the Post Office, mom was happily resting in her rocking chair after a busy morning of packing wood. As I sauntered back, up the road past the neighbors, I noticed their gate was open...then I did a double-take.

There she was. Bold as brass. Helping the neighbors put in a garden. RAKING. Which is hard on the old bones, just let me testify. Tired old bones. At least they had been, a short 15 minutes previous.


I stopped. "Whatcha doin'?" I asked. "Um, well, Dwyane wanted to borrow the rototiller to put in some garden, and I felt I should come with it..." Yah. Right.

So I left them to their fun, and hiked on around the corner to the house. Where I immediately fetched the camera, and started taking pictures through the window.

So the next time she says she is just going to "rest awhile", I can show her the pictures and have her define just what the word "REST" means.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Now I know exactly where YOU got the same streak! There is no doubt in my mind you will one day be doing the exact same thing. "Just one more bed" you'll say, "just gotta finish this one slipper/bar of soap/skein of yarn/egg gathering..."

    ReplyDelete