Words to live by....

Love and Compassion are necessities not luxuries. Without them we cannot survive.



Saturday, April 14, 2012

Thumb-twiddling...

...while the foot is healing. Surgery was April 4. On May 4 I will get the thing-which-shall-not-be-mentioned (Carrie's term for the wire sticking out of my big toe) pulled out. Until then - I am stuck. No walking around without a good reason - such as getting to the loo, or snagging an apple from the frig. Foot elevated at all times. Usually with an icebag slung on top. Carrie arrived from Arizona to be the Enforcer. She does a good job.

So here I sit. Mostly on my bed, with all sorts of entertainment surrounding me. Before the fateful day, I fixed a basket with cards, writing material, envelopes, stamps, scissors, glue stick, and so on. So if I sit here long enough you may actually get a genuine snailmail card from me!

Also loaded the shelves with books I've been meaning to read. Or finish reading. Some scripture study material. Some sketch pads and my trusty tool box. CDs to listen to. A few videos to watch. Love the laptop, my best friend these days.

And thank goodness for a phone!!! I can see why the punks love their phones, keeps you in touch with the whole world. Texting is part of my daily routine now!

Dinner served to the prisoner. Chow is pretty good, can't complain - since I don't have to cook it!!
Some sketching keeps me almost sane...if I can just find a good way to get the pencil shavings to the wastebasket in the kitchen, I'll be on top of all this inforced inactivity.

Our Katie-bug. Ain't she cute?!


Oh my - Carrie just introduced me to some YouTube hilarity. Go find "You Have HOW Many Children?" and have fun!


If it weren't for wanting to grow some lettuce again someday, I could get used to this lifestyle. But only if Carrie agrees to move in. Sorry guys, we need her!




No comments:

Post a Comment