Words to live by....

Love and Compassion are necessities not luxuries. Without them we cannot survive.



Friday, April 13, 2012

Can't find one earring...

Losing one earring from a favorite pair is just plain tear-making. It's happened to me more than once. Sometimes I hang on to that lonesome half for a long time. I have a special little box for the orphans.

So when I FOUND a single earring that some other unfortunate person had unknowingly lost (you NEVER know when or where they bail off the ear...), I was at first sad, for the orphan - then for the luckless former owner - then it dawned on me, it was now MY orphan.

The double leaf design was right up my alley, loved the black and silver leaves! So as it rode home in my pocket, I was pondering how I could use it. AHA! Anne and Matt were going to be coming for a visit sooner or later, and Anne has a fabulous collection of jewelry making gear! She could help me remount the leaves and make two earrings from the one!

And that's just what happened!


This is the phone photo I sent to Anne so she would know what I was dealing with - always good to use something to scale small objects for photos, like this quarter.

And of course you can't make just one simple set of earrings when there are boxes and boxes of beads, baubles, sparklies and all the extras, and TOOLS, to make enough earrings for a harem...so we just kept on playing!


I needed something to match a new coral shirt...


and I didn't have anything to go with a favorite purple top...


so now I do!


And next time Anne comes with her goody boxes, I bet I can find some good excuses to make a few more sets of earrings - so fun! THANKS, ANNE!

No comments:

Post a Comment