Words to live by....

Love and Compassion are necessities not luxuries. Without them we cannot survive.



Sunday, February 21, 2010

I'm an Oregonian again


At long last - my laptop made the trip to Oregon. With my photos at hand, and a good number of megs or whatever those things are that make this thing more powerful than the mini, I'm ready to begin a new adventure in my blogging. It was hard to put Wisconsin Snapshots into semi-retirement, but it seemed a little weird to be posting stuff all about my Oregon home, and calling it Wisconsin! My heart may be a little mixed up, but not THAT confused!


A short explanation of the new title: I knew I wanted SNAPSHOTS in the blog title, for continuity and it seems to fit my lifestyle - short bursts of fun and intense activity, with calming beautiful scenery to support my spirit. The LEESIDE came after much pondering. With my webbed feet and some saltwater in my veins from growing up here beside the bay and ocean, a nautical term seemed appropriate. The leeside is the side that is sheltered or turned away from the wind. This period of time is a sheltering time for me and my mom. We hope to keep the destructive winds of slowly moving demetia and creaky aging joints at our back, always looking forward to the sunny calming views and adventures before us, for as long as possible. Together, we can do it!


So here we go, new faces and new adventures, new places and new stories. I hope you will enjoy walking many memory trails along with Mom and me.

6 comments:

  1. Yay!!!!!!!!!!!! You're blogging again. I love your boat picture! It's better than mine, though :-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're having fun out there. I've been plunking along here, working on projects and waiting for spring. My seed orders have started arriving so pretty soon I'll have no excuses to put off seed starting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy to get to see more of Gram on here. Miss you lovely ladies and am looking forward to some summer visits with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back - just thought you were TOO busy to be blogging -- and of course, you are TOO busy but glad you are posting again! Loved the colors of your blog site - very soothing and sea-like!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so good to hear your words again. They are food for the soul. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new look and blog!! The colors are neat and the layout is great!

    ReplyDelete