Words to live by....

Love and Compassion are necessities not luxuries. Without them we cannot survive.



Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Adventures of Meece

There is a genetic weakness in our family. It involves fabric stores. And mice.

"You're going to have to help out here, VooDoo Bunny...it'll never happen without you."
"I live to serve...just as long as I don't get a headache. I don't think acupuncture will help..."


Some batik, wire, good scissors, and an iron...creating is the name of the game.

"Hey - I can't HEEAAAARING you."
(Anne's creative project for our Christmas gifts - potholders. A "simple" little project that took her well into the wee hours to complete before Santa cleaned up the goody plate. Bet you didn't know potholders moonlight as ironing pads.)

"OK. Now I can hear you. Are you my mama?"



"Are YOU my mama?" (remember that book, Max?)


Directions are helpful. Creating eyes is a critical process. Too close between the eyes, as Grandma Pearl always said, means a scallywag. Too far between the eyes - well, that means a BIG NOSE.

"WHO YOU LOOKIN' AT? Whaddya mean, I got no whiskers?"

"Mama, she says I got no whiskers. From the looks of yours, I should have PLENTY of whiskers..."


"NO, Mama, NO! Not the nose, not the nose! Hey - do I get claws like that? Owie, Mama, that smarts!"

"That's better - an' I 'preciate the nice kiss to make it all better. HEY! That feels like TEETH. Are you sure you my Mama? Mama?"

"The HUMILIATION. Creation is not for the proud. Gotta be humble, to get it all."

"Look, Mama! All done! I got whiskers!"


"Kid, you need to check out a mirror. I am NOT your Mama. Definately NOT."


"I am traveling the world to find my Mama. YOU are not the right color. And I don't think I need those thingys on the head."


"This could be embarrassing...and no comments from you, Rubber Lips. Chickens have no couth."

"Hey - Yo. Up there. Oh. You look like Birdie. But you're the same color as Maddox. I'm getting confused..."

"EEEEKKKKKK!!!!!!"


"Now what language is that?"

"No couth? NO COUTH?? Chickens got couth. We got lotsa couth. It's getting crowded up here, crowded, I say."

"You got a point there, Chicky. Look how squished WE are. Just because we're fluffy and...and..squishable."

"AHEM. Bruce Moose here. YOU are a meece. You must find another meece."

"Oh. I had no idea. Do you know where to find my Mama? A meece Mama?"

"Well this is where Bruce said to start looking, that you would be a big help. I just don't think you are a meece. A mouse, maybe. But NOT a meece. Meece are SPECIAL. And we smell like lavender - not plastic. So - what do YOU do?"



" You better get on my good side, punk. Without me, you'll never get this contraption under control."

"Hmmm. Is this a movie? If it's a movie why aren't you moving?"

"OK, I'm back. I've traveled the world and didn't find one single meece - OR my Mama. So what do I do now, O Lord of the Pins?"
"Um. This wasn't exactly what I had in mind. Are you SURE this is what I'm supposed to do?"
" During my travels, I noticed something. A sorta come-hither something. I think I've found my job."

"Yep. Definately. Now don't snivel, I just take tiny nibbles at a time, won't hurt at all..."

End of Chapter One: The Adventures of Meece.

Stayed tuned for Chapter Two: The Adventures of Meece, Wherein a Sibling is Discovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment