Words to live by....

Love and Compassion are necessities not luxuries. Without them we cannot survive.



Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Ode to Blueberries

Remember those blueberries I traded for? Well here they are in one of their best forms - SCONES!!





The recipe is currently in the side bar.


After some looking at about 1,327 scone recipes, I settled on this one. It just barely edged out the Oatmeal Blueberry Scone recipe. But Ina Garten, Barefoot Contessa, has always come through for me, and this time was no exception. A simple, elegant, delicious scone, perfect texture and moistness. Doncha just cringe at dry scones?


One of the many delicious things about really great scones, you can put most any fruit into a good basic recipe. Hmm - that reminds me - there are still a few of those monster Gravenstein apples left. Oatmeal Cinnamon Apple scones, anyone? I think I can smell them now...

No comments:

Post a Comment