Words to live by....

Love and Compassion are necessities not luxuries. Without them we cannot survive.



Friday, July 15, 2011

Soapy

Boy, this stuff could give Jello a run for it's money!



After setting 24 hours, the laundry soap did indeed "gel". The instructions said it would be lumpy soup-like. I don't know what I did, other than not stirring it at all, that it turned out so solid. But - it was very easy to stir with a whisk, breaking it up and making it more homogenous.

Then it was suitable for ladling into storage jugs. In the some of the jugs, I included several drops of lavender or lemon essential oil (Young Living).

Using the Lemonade jug worked well, easy to handle. But I made SURE to label it.


It does look lemonadey, eh? The white vinegar goes in the rinse. Soft, fluffy towels, and no it does not leave a vinegar odor.


So now I have borax, washing soda and Fels Naptha bars in my year storage.


And besides, it was fast (about 10 min.) and fun to make a couple month's worth of really nice, environmentally friendly laundry soap.


Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment