Words to live by....

Love and Compassion are necessities not luxuries. Without them we cannot survive.



Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Critter Caper

It all started with a fly.

"You mean you will GIVE me a FLY? WOW. And all I have to do is.....WHAT??!!! Oh no.
Not the cow..."



"We are posing for a sibling photograph, Tessa."

"Well EXCUUUUUSE ME while I open my SPECIAL card from Aunt Candy! You have NO IDEA how demeaning it is to pose without my make-up on. Gramma Becky has not refreshed my eyeshadow OR my blush..."


"Oh. I get it. You give me the fly AFTER we look like we pose as siblings. Ummm. Is this the sibling look?"

"Give me a break."

"OK-OK-OK now, no crowding. And DO NOT mess up the sleeping bag. And for pity sake watch out for that fly screen, make sure it doesn't roll shut."

"Move over Dax, you're crowdin' the cow, here."
"Rrawwwk."

"The FLIES, the FLIES - let them IN, you guys!"

"Well I AM the ONLY one who got to ride to the beach, it was MY turn, and Tessa was being a stink-butt. Oh. I didn't mean to say that. (snicker)."

"Oh yeah. I forgot. Tilly got to come, too. She ALWAYS gets to come, she doesn't even have to take TURNS. And she DROOLS. LOOK at that. Disgusting. Sandy drool."

"And we won't even mentiona what is in the blue bag. Let's just say, it belongs to TILLY."

"Of COURSE I got to sunbath. That's what a sheep comes to the beach for. Catchin' the rays. Ahhhh. The life. And NO COW."

"And then, and then, I built a SAND CASTLE!! Cool, huh?! And it had sticks, and shells, and EVERYTHING!"

"And then some more rays. Can you see my tan? Just a little bit? A teeny weeny bit? WELL. I think I'm doing SWELL on my tan, even if SOME people think I'm still white as a LAMB."

"Jeepers, I had a good time at the BEACH. All by myself. No frogs. No cows. Just me, little 'ol me. That's cause I'm SPECIAL, that's what ANNE says, but she says not to say it in front of the - shhhhhh - COW."
("I HEARRRRRRD THAT!!!!")



"Yes, she did, Clay. Baa went to the beach."
"Yes, Tessa, it was her turn. You know that."
"Dax, this is NOT swamp water, you wouldn't like it. Trust me. It has cholorine in it. Yes, that's a poison. Yes. I know. There is no chlorine in prehistoric swamps. Well, it probably doesn't do us any good either."
"Yes Clay, it kills the bugs in the water. I know. That is a bad thing for frogs."
"OK GUYS. LIGHTEN UP. Just think of it as a big sand box, nothing special. Next time you can ALL go to the beach, OK? Sheesh."
"Birdie, this is taking sibling rivalry a little too far. Tessa does NOT like wearing you on her face. Trust me. That bit with leaving a claw stuck in her nose has NOT endeared you to her..."
"Let me, let me, I AM THE KING, here!"
"Back off, buster, that's MY MEAT."
"Man. Those guys need to learn to eat GRASS."

"Yeah. Not only did she get to go to the beach, she is TAUNTING us."
"Hey, Birdie, if we work this right, we can sneak out the door. One of us can be a distraction, we're twins, you know."

"Well, she just better not try to come back through that door again. This is MY pad, dig it?"
"Yeah, queenie, we gotcha."


Now does it really LOOK like Tilly WANTS to come back in the house with a crazy cat? Naw, I didn't think so, either.
And those two bozos, Milton and Maddox, are NOT as innocent as they would like you to believe. They let the fly out of the tent.
Oops. I wasn't supposed to tell you that. Sorry, Clay.

2 comments: